A great big Happy Birthday to my Laughing Place! Disneyland opened 51 years ago today (July 17,1955). Thankyou for making "dreams come true",thankyou Walt!
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
My parents took me to Disneyland shortly after it opened. I was 5 years old and I remember it vividly!
My favorite thing was the "House of the Future", no longer in existence.
Going to DLand was a once-a-year event in our family and I went there for Grad Night when I graduated from high school in 1969. The PeopleMover was brand new then, but the favorite ride for all of us hppies was the Monsanto "shrink" ride.
And I can still sing:
"There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day. There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!"
Wow,you still remember the words to the Carousel of Progress song.It is still heard in the same place but now its Innoventions and is sung by a droid with Nathan Lane's voice.No joke. Oh and "the mighty microscope".I didn't know tell the last couple of years that Adventure Thru Innerspace was a Monsanto deal(like House of the Future). Thanks Incurable for sharing your memories.
2 comments:
My parents took me to Disneyland shortly after it opened. I was 5 years old and I remember it vividly!
My favorite thing was the "House of the Future", no longer in existence.
Going to DLand was a once-a-year event in our family and I went there for Grad Night when I graduated from high school in 1969. The PeopleMover was brand new then, but the favorite ride for all of us hppies was the Monsanto "shrink" ride.
And I can still sing:
"There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day.
There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!"
Wow,you still remember the words to the Carousel of Progress song.It is still heard in the same place but now its Innoventions and is sung by a droid with Nathan Lane's voice.No joke.
Oh and "the mighty microscope".I didn't know tell the last couple of years that Adventure Thru Innerspace was a Monsanto deal(like House of the Future).
Thanks Incurable for sharing your memories.
Post a Comment