Thursday, September 24, 2009

Those Special Liveries Part 2

In this episode of "Special Liveries" I will feature the planes of the "Disney Air Force".Beginning with the 747 above,is Japan Air Lines "Dream Express" promoting Tokyo Disneyland.A neat fact is the Steamboat Willie art,first Disney film with sound seen here on the first Dream Express jet.
Japan added more 747 Dream Express jets to the fleet.The Japanese sure are crazy about Disney.
And Japan Air Lines craziest Dream jet with Mickey's face taking up the whole nose of this jumbo-jet.
Closer to home is Alaska Airlines Disneyland fleet of three 737-400s promoting the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim CA.The first one is "Mickey and Friends" or "Mickey One" featuring Mickey,Minnie,Goofy, . . .and of course Donald.And thus begins a line of bright blue jets.
Skipping to the third Disneyland themed airplane is the Genie from Aladdin and as well as promoting 'The Park' it also promotes the Make A Wish foundation.
Back to the second and as we all know her as 'my plane' is N791AS also known as "The Magic of Disneyland".She was painted in her current colors to promote Disneyland's 50th birthday(which I attended three times).She is still flying with these colors even though the 50th theme is long gone.I for one hope they keep her flying as such but just change the logo on the tail.I still have not seen her in person but I keep "wishing apon a star" that one day not only will I see her but fly with her.
That concludes this episode of Special Liveries.There may be more in the future as there are many more colorful airliners out there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Avi-ist:someone whose religion is aviation,flight,and is a follower of Horus.