Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Those Special Liveries Part 1

For the hell of it I am going to do a couple of post featuring special liveries applied to airliners.I don't know why,I just feel like it.Note:I did not take these photos,I wish I did though.(Click on the photos to see full size) Lets go spotting!
First up is US Airways "PSA Retro" jet(Airbus A319)painted in the classic 1980s PSA colors.My favorite airline of all time,I flew on PSA a number of times way back then.They merged with US Air in the late 80s and ceased to be. "Catch our Smile" I actually saw this retro-jet in Denver once.
This Airbus flys for Germanwings and takes the smile to a whole new level.I like the engines painted as paws.
Now this 737 gives Tink a run for her money in my opinion.It was one of SkyEurope's five lady-jets,this one featuring Miss Europe 2003. "I like it!"
Another attractive SkyEurope 737.Unfortunately in these tough economic times airlines including SkyEurope have ceased operations.Those ladies will be missed.
And lastly for this post is this Austrian A321 celebrating Austria's Millennium.Can you name the faces?The one on the tail. . .hmm,I wonder who. . .
Part 2 next.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seeing all those jets reminds me of the Braniff Airlines Flying art 727s. As for the Composer on the Tail I would have to say Mozart although It does look a lot like Beethoven mainly because every painting I've seen of Mozart he was wearing a powdered wig and every painting I've seen of Beethoven he never wore a wig. The dead give away is that it's Austrian Airlines and Beethoven was German

Kathy Handyside said...

That's our guy, Mozart, on the tail! I see Schubert in there, too, along the fuselage. These are some fantastic airplanes!

Why can't we have cool planes like these? All I see around here are boring Northwest Airlines red with white NW - dull, dull, dull! Detroit Metro is the hub for Northwest. Yawn.

Horus Jay said...

LOL Kathy.Ya its sad the US airlines don't have as much fun with there fleets like the rest of the world but some are getting more 'artsy'.Keep in mind the airlines in Russia are much more uniform than here but that is just so 'Russian'.

About Me

My photo
Avi-ist:someone whose religion is aviation,flight,and is a follower of Horus.