
"Добро пожаловать в Россию comrads"
Real weather,I love it.In FS you can download real-world weather so no matter where you are the weather you see in FS is the real weather where you happen to fly from.In the pictures case I'm at Chelyabinsk flying the might Tu-142 Bear with clear skies,cool temps,light winds,and snow on the ground.
3 comments:
This will sound dumb, but I've always found Russian aircraft to look so...well, Russian! They definitely don't look like everything else in the sky.
I agree.They tend to be more brutish and not so sleek and attractive as western types but that has started to change.In fact it is switched the other direction in recent years.American types are getting angular and brutish while Russian aircraft now have smooth curvy lines.
I totally agree with you on American aircraft - the appearance of some of our military birds scare the crap out of me - they look like aliens, and definitely not something I'd like to see in the sky right over me and my house! I realize the purpose behind the designs (stealth, highly aerodynamic, etc.)but they still look frightening. Give me the WW II war birds! Many of them had a kind of nobility about them, if you know what I mean. I loved the tv series "Black Sheep Squadron" (known as "Baa Baa Black Sheep" in the first year of its run) loved the Corsairs. I wrote a letter to the real Pappy Boyington, and he wrote me back! Handwritten, too! Definitely one of my prized posessions. My dad was head of ground crew in the Army Air Corps - he was a sheet-metal tradesman and responsible for patching up the planes when they came staggering back to base after a mission. He said he was amazed some of them made it back at all. He was stationed in England during the war (WW II, that is). I have all the things from his uniform, including the brass button identifying him as part of the Air Corps. They are my other prized possessions.
Post a Comment