A couple Grumman TBF Avenger pics from todays flying.A little warbird gathering at Santa Maria,and heading south approaching Ventura.(click pics to enlarge as always)
I flew a Grumman Cheetah once - it was one of their general aviation planes. It was kind of like a military plane with an all-clear canopy and it was the best airplane I ever flew, back when I was learning to fly! Did you know that Grumman made aluminum canoes, too? Prolific company! :D
2 comments:
I flew a Grumman Cheetah once - it was one of their general aviation planes. It was kind of like a military plane with an all-clear canopy and it was the best airplane I ever flew, back when I was learning to fly! Did you know that Grumman made aluminum canoes, too? Prolific company! :D
Wow! No I didn't know that.The nick-name "Grumman Iron Works" was very fitting.
Post a Comment