Saturday, August 05, 2006

Heres the Story

Here is why my trip to what use to be my Happiest Place on Earth was not so happy.First I did have some fun,I bought a lot of 'Tink' stuff,Star Tours (with my favorite pilot Rex) and Haunted Mansion (some really nice new effects have been added) as well as other attrations.What went wrong is that in nine years the attitude of the Cast Members has gone sour...unless you take your family.If you go as a single person you get treated like dirt.It's all about the family.From the moment I checked in to the Disneyland Hotel on Tuesday it all went down hill (as far as dealing with the Disney people).Even some of the Disney characters gave me a bad time,I don't think Walt would have approved of the behavier twords me. It was heart breaking and I did shed some tears.
In short I have two words of advice if you plan a trip to the Disneyland Resort.One: go off season (the crowds are huge) ,and two: Don't go if you are by yourself!
It wasn't like that nine years ago and if I would have know that the CMs attitude had taken on a darker side I wouldn't have gone.There are airshows and air racing I would have rather gone to (Reno Air Races next year!).
I hope in the future the CMs revert back to Walt's good natured 'tudes' because I have too many wonderful memories to let go of.

This closes the DLand chapter of my blog.Now back to Aviation and the other things close to my heart.

HorusJ

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your trip was a disappointment, but I'm glad you shared what happened. I'm going to be in SoCal next month and I had considered going to D'Land by myself. I won't now.

You and I will have to make plans some time to go together. I think that would be a whole lot of fun.

Horus Jay said...

Thats sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

really sorry it didn't pan out :( hope the rest of the trip was worthwhile though.

Maybe we can all go, a La Boheme family trip (why am I thinking National Lampoon???) LOL!

Horus Jay said...

Not a bad idea!

About Me

My photo
Avi-ist:someone whose religion is aviation,flight,and is a follower of Horus.