Thursday, October 21, 2010

Spotlight On: Deux-Ponts

Since I have been doing the hauling cargo skytruck thing in FS I thought I would put a spotlight on a vintage airliner and freighter that I never even heard of till FS.
Here is the French Breguet 763 Duex-Ponts (Double-Decker),a plane ahead if it's time.It was one of the first (if not thee first) "combi" liners meaning that the plane could be configured to carry passengers or cargo or both.The aircraft had cam-shell doors in the back for loading and unloading cargo and a built in elevator to take passengers to the upper deck.
The aircraft where mostly used as freighters since there where better performing passenger planes like the DC-6 and Constellation as well as the first jets starting to the replace piston engine aircraft.The 763's first revenue flights began in 1953 and the last aircraft was retired in 1971.


1 comment:

Kathy Handyside said...

Looks kind of like a 747 that was built backwards - with the bumpy part in back instead of in front. LOL Interesting airplane.

About Me

My photo
Avi-ist:someone whose religion is aviation,flight,and is a follower of Horus.