"This is the final boarding call for the Star Tours Endor Express"That line from my second favorite Disneyland attraction is now sadly for real.This is the LAST week for Star Tours...(cry).
The 1987 Lucas-Disney attraction closes next week so imagineers can begin the work on the upgraded version which opens next year.Yes Star Tours will be back and more than likely better than before but with changes to familiar sets and characters I will miss almost as much as I miss the Peoplemover,my all-time favorite attraction.
The comets,the Star Destroyers,the TIE and X-Wing fighters,and the Death Star.I will miss them all.
Rex.Thats what (or who) I will miss the most.He became kind of a hero of mine.I always looked forward to seeing and flying with him every Park visit.Some times as much as four times per day.I am very grateful I had the opportunity to log several flight hours with him.
I do wish sooo much I could do Tours just one last time.Thank you Star Tours and the Endor Express for twenty three years of galactic tourism and fun.I will never forget it!
No comments:
Post a Comment