

I have a new rare bird in my hanger.I flew it for the first time today(one and a half hours)and well,its love!
This is the Avro Lancastrian,a conversion of the famous Lancaster bomber.At the end of WWII Britian urgently needed airlines for the fast growing post wars airline industry.So a few of the war weary Lancasters and Halifax heavy bombers were modified for passenger use.With the Lancastrian all gun turrets were removed and tail and nose cones were added as well as passenger interior.These conversions were in use for only a very short time tell new dedicated airliners became available.Sadly no Lancastrians exist today. . .except in FS.I see me in this plane's cockpit for many hours.Fantastic!
1 comment:
The Lancaster is another of the RAF's stars! Britain has had some beautiful airplanes. I also love the DeHavilland Mosquito, especially because of a wonderful short story by Frederick Forsyth called "The Shepherd." You'd love that book, Joel. If you can't find it in your local library, let me know and I'll let you borrow my copy. It features a Mosquito. It's a very cool story.
Post a Comment